Careers At Council
All positions vacant within Katherine Town Council are advertised in the Katherine Times.
For your convenience, current vacancies are also listed below.
Information on how to apply for Council positions is available in the Application Information.
For further information on any position, please contact Council on (08) 8972 5500.
(FULLTIME – Limited 2 Year Contract)
Level 8 - $ 81,837.23 - $104,119.81
+ District Allowance & Superannuation
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Project risk management and mitigation
- Preparing reports, proposals, budgets and scoping concepts.
- Liaising with Project Control Groups to establish project timelines, key delivery indicators, budgets and other necessary planning requirements to successfully execute Council’s projects.
- Plan, Monitor and Track project progression, driving the project to achieve the agreed outcomes.
- Measure project performance and provide updated reports to stakeholders and more….
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in effective and efficient Project Management
- Experience in providing a professional advisory role within and outside the organisation
- Have the ability to exercise specialised methods, procedures and processes to execute works.
- Has the ability to apply their extensive knowledge and skills in specific areas to resolve issues in which have elements of complexity.
- Experience in managing complex and minor projects and more……
The role will undertake the delivery of a sustainable and prosperous environment for the people of the Katherine Region through growth, opportunity and tolerance.
The successful applicant will be a key member of the Strategic Planning and Governance Department, this role will be responsible to administer and support the growth of current and ongoing future projects with in the Katherine Municipality.
Applications are invited for the following positions at the Council Civic Centre.
Position description can be obtained by contacting Council on (08) 8972 5500 or clicking here.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter
- A written response to the key responsibilities as outlined in the position description
- Current Resume/CV
Applications should be made in writing, marked Confidential and submitted in person at the Civic Centre or via email to
SUNDAY 11 November 2018