Katherine Town Council strives to ensure that sporting and cultural facilities are developed and maintained in response to community needs and encourages and supports sporting initiatives.
The Katherine Sportsgrounds are a high quality multi-use facility created to service the needs of a wide variety of sporting activities.
Key components of the Sportsgrounds are:
- Four multipurpose ovals, 2 of which are illuminated for night time use;
- Newly upgraded BMX track;
- Basketball/Netball Courts;
- Tennis Courts;
- Skate Park;
- Children’s Adventure Playground;
- Don Dale Centre (including canteen facilities, storage, meeting room, change roomsetc.)
- Aquatic Centre
- Several ablutions blocks.
Katherine Town Council provides short and long term facility hires for community groups. Should you wish to hire these facilities please contact the Community Support Officer (08) 8972 5500 or refer to the Facility Hire Application Form and Rates & Charges for further information.
The Sportsgrounds are actively utilised for senior and junior sports. Coordination of the ongoing development and use of the facility is undertaken in conjunction with the Katherine Sportsgrounds Advisory Committee, which all users of the facility are encouraged to be a part of.